You might find it helpful to reflect and pray about the things you have heard in one of our sermons.
Some general application sermons for all sermons are:
- What did you learn about God through this sermon?
- What did you learn about yourself?
- What did you learn about the person God is calling you to be?
- What will you do, or think, or feel differently because of this sermon?
Specific questions for Martin's sermon "Living as a citizen of the King"....Philippians 1:27-28 from 10am Sunday 8th November are:
This isn't something we can do - only Christ can do this in us. But there are some practices we can follow that help foster kingdom living:
- Standing firm together - Who do you have who is a mentor and support? Who are you a mentor and support for? What can someone pray for you about for today or this week?
- Strive for the Gospel - What do you believe happens to those who haven't turned to Christ and received forgiveness for their sins? What motivates you to "strive for the gospel" (or as Martin put it - to be a gospel person)? Make a list.
- Not intimidated by opoposition - What kinds of opposition have you experienced? (Including the ways the devil gets at you). Are you facing opposition now? Human or demonic, or a mixture of the two? How could someone pray for you in this?
Specific questions for Seb's sermon "Everyone involved in Mission..." Philippians 1:3-8 from 10am Sunday 11th October are:
- What brings you joy? What do you think that says about how you might serve God wherever you ‘work, live and play?’
- In verse 5, Paul talks about being ‘partners in the gospel.’ What do you think that means? How do you think you could partner with others to do God’s work?
Specific questions for Martin’s sermon “Grace and Peace – Servants of Christ Together” Philippians 1:1-2 from 10am Sunday 4th October are:
- Who are your mentors and who are you mentoring?
- How does it feel to be called “a saint” because God has set you apart as one of his holy people?
- It is easy to feel like you are serving Christ when you are doing some church work, but how can you be more aware of serving Christ through the ordinary activities of your week?
- Can you describe a time when you were particularly aware of God’s grace and/or God’s peace? What was it like?